Questions to Ask
Your Doctor About Testicular Cancer
Be sure to check out the Testicular Cancer
Resource Center's Testicular Cancer experts list. Click Here to view a
list of the "True Experts in the field of Testicular Cancer".
Questions to ask
about testicular cancer:
- How can I know if I am at risk of getting
- Will I feel any pain if I have it?
- Can you give me information on testicular
- What are the differences between 'seminomas'
- Do both types respond well to treatment?
- What type of testicular cancer do I have?
- I had an undescended testicle: should I be
checked for testicular cancer?
- My brother had testicular cancer: should I be
- I injured a testicle playing football - will
this increase my risk of testicular cancer?
diagnosing testicular cancer:
- What tests are you going to do?
- Why - what are you looking for?
- After the tests will you know for sure whether
I have cancer and if it has spread?
- How long will I have to wait before having the
- Are they painful?
- How should I prepare?
- May I go home right after the tests are done?
- How long do the results take?
- How will I be told about the results?
- Can you do a biopsy instead of removing my
- Can I have a fake testicle (prosthesis) put in
during my operation?
- What are the blood tests for?
- What did they show?
- How often will I need blood tests?
treating testicular cancer:
- What stage is my testicular cancer?
- How likely is it to be cured?
- Can it still be cured if it comes back after I
- Are there any treatment choices?
- How will you know if the treatment has worked?
- Am I likely to be able to father children after
- Will the treatment affect my sex life?
- Should I have sperm banking before my treatment
- Are there any clinical trials for testicular
- How will you know if the cancer comes back?
- For how long will I need to come back for tests
after my treatment has finished?
living with testicular cancer:
- Who can I talk to about problems with sex and
- Can I get help for dealing with my feelings?
- Will I need to pay for counseling?
- Does the hospital offer counseling?
- What practical help can I get?
- Is there any help with money?
- How should I talk about the disease with my
family and children?
- My son is worried he might get testicular
cancer. What should I tell him?
- Is there research for testicular cancer at this
- Where is research for testicular cancer
happening in the USA?
- What progress is being made?